Partner with DSPA to Improve Your Team’s Agility
By working with DSPA, your team will become an industry leading agile data science team that understands their customers, pivots rapidly to changing demands, and deploys useful models and insights.
With hands-on success unleashing the potential agile data science, we provide a holistic approach to how to best manage and execute data science projects.
Together, we’ll define a repeatable process that reduces project risk, improves team productivity and increases client satisfaction.
- Stakeholder communication
- Client expectation management
- Coordination with other teams
- Working on the highest priority tasks
We are the only firm exclusively focused on improving data science processes.
Why Improve Your Team’s Agility?
When you have a complex problem to solve, a project with changing requirements, a situation requiring creativity, or an opportunity to work closely with end users, you have a scenario that’s ripe for an Agile team.
By applying data science-specific agile project management approaches that are backed by practice and research, you will more effectively convert data science investments into sustainable value.
Our four phase flexible approach allows for customized transformations which are rolled out at a sustainable pace.
1. Discovery and Kickoff
- Assess and understand your organization’s context and specific challenges
- Work with stakeholders to discover and address organizational pain points and challenges
- Benchmark your organization’s process to industry best practices
- Select a pilot project(s) for launch
2. Define an Improved Agile Team Process
- Design a custom transformation plan with immediately actionable steps
- Define an incremental transformation plan to guide the scope and pace of change
- Coach / train the team to achieve the transformation
3. Launch/Execute Your Project(s)
- Embed a coach within one (or more) projects to help the team(s) become high-performing
- Achieve specific, demonstrable successes while training and coaching team members
4. Build Team Sustainability
- Provide additional follow-up as needed to continue to build business agility
Why Work with DSPA?
We are only focused on data science teams (such as AI, ML, analytical focused projects). We understand data science and how to achieve agility within a data science context.
We’ve helped large and small organizations achieve agility by providing leadership the awareness, skills training, organizational guidance, and change management expertise.
While using an Agile process makes sense in theory, many data science teams struggle to achieve agility. This is often because they try to use an Agile framework that does not specifically address the unique challenges teams encounter when executing data science projects (such as task duration being difficult to estimate).
That is why we developed Data Driven Scrum™ (DDS) – an agile framework specifically designed for data science teams. In short, DDS aims to improve a data science team’s collaboration and communication.
In short, we created DDS to address the fact that other well-known agile approaches (such as often Scrum and Kanban) often fail to accommodate the unique needs of data science projects.